By using thinly sliced pork, marinading and cooking time is much shorter than larger chops and it’s easier for small kids to eat. Serve with plain white rice, turmeric rice, lemon rice, raisin rice…. this dish goes well with all of them. My favorite is, turmeric lemon rice!
This is quick enough, but if you need to save more time, make several pre-marinade pork in separate containers and stock them in freezer. Good part is that it defrosts fast, too.
- 500g of Thinly Sliced Pork
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- Oregano Powder ( Find Other Organic Oregano Powder)
- Cumin Powder ( Find Other Organic Cumin Powder)
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Lime or Lemon Juice
- Orange or Tangerine Juice and slices
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice Onion and mince garlic.
- To prepare marinade, mix all the herbs, spices, salt, peppers, citrus juice, extra virgin olive oil, onion, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Massage pork slices into the marinade.
- Leave the marinade for at least an hour.
- Cook on Cast Iron Pan for a few minutes, then place the pan in the oven. (Let ingredients stay still without stirring. You don’t want the dish tastes like a stir fried food.)
- Cook for about 15 minutes in grill setting.
Updated (Originally Posted in 2018)