Avoid store bought dumpling / wonton wrappers! There are so many additives in the simple looking flat dough.
If you have kids around, let them work on it. Kids are usually more energetic than you (tired moms!) are, they are really good kneaders.
This is the easiest wrappers recipe for you to enjoy with kids!
Egg Wonton Wrappers
(Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Free of: Any form of Preservatives, Food Additives, Table Salts)
- 3 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 Cup of Water
↓ Click & Shop Ingredients ↓Organic Flour
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sea salt.
- Make a space in the center of flour mix, add eggs and stir with chopsticks.
- Add water little by little. No need to rely on above noted 1 cup. Depends on the climates and seasons, the amount of water would be different. Continue; stir, add water, stir till flour turn very dry crumbs, not fully wet.
- Put them together in one piece with hands.
- Dust the counter surface and start kneading for about 10~12 minutes with kids speed. (If your kids love touching dough, it’ll take longer!) For grown ups, 7 minutes would do it.
- Make the dough to a ball shape, place in a bowl and cover.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes on the counter if the room is less than 25°C, otherwise place in a fridge.
- Take a dough out and knead again for about 5 minutes.
- Place in a bowl, cover, and let it rest for 1~2 hours.
- Time for rolling! Cut the dough into four to eight depends on your working surface.
- Dust the counter top and roll as thin as possible. cut into squares.