Back to basic, this is my favorite simplest Granola! Looks really plain, isn’t it? But again, it’s my favorite! The taste of fresh made granola that never had “packaged” is totally different. Probably the oil gets oxidized during the long period of time in the package. This is my wild guess, but I can smell/taste the oxidized oil.
O.k., even you don’t smell/taste that, it’s good to pay attention to what exactly the generic packaged cereals or granola are. I’m not talking about the sugar and coloring. The “everything”.
First, the high heat and high pressure treated grains, aka the factory made cereals, do not have much of nutrition and are even bad for your health. We always need to remember, the characteristic and nutrition of food changes by method of treatment, which can be better or can be worse.
Second, other things that bother your health are many forms of preservatives, artificial flavors, and chemically treated plant-based oils (common vegetables oils).
Ready to make your own granola? Get bulk dry ingredients so that we reduce the package waste!
The Easiest Healthy Basic Granola
(Gluten Free / Chemically Refined Oil Free / Additive & Preservative Free)
- 2 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Hemp Seeds
- 1/3 Cup of Flax Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Cane Sugar
Rest of Ingredients
- Virgin Coconut Oil
- Coconut Shreds
- Pre-heat oven at 160°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add Virgin coconut Oil little by little till all ingredients get lightly greased.
- Add Honey and mix well.
- Spread the mixture thinly on the parchment paper.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes. (I usually take it out once to stir after 10 minutes.)
- Take it out of oven, add Coconut shred and stir.
- Let it cool on a rack.
- To store in a air tight container, make sure that granola is completely cool to room temperature.
Eat fresh is the best. Try not to store for a long period of time, as mentioned, oxidized oil isn’t good for your health.