How To Make The Simplest and Classic Granola At Home. And Know How The Packaged Granola Are Causing Health Problems.
This is my long time favorite granola. The taste of fresh made granola which never had packaged is totally different. When granola is stored in the package for the long period of time, the oil gets oxidized and causes bad flavor and smell.
To improve that, many forms of preservatives are added to prevent from oxidization, cover with stronger artificial flavors. These sounds bad enough, but most of time, the chemically treated plant-based oils (common vegetables oils) are used.
When the chemically treated plant-based oils are heated in the high temperature, it turns to very harmful substance. And when grains are treated with high pressure/heat, all the nutrients are destroyed and even bad for your health.
We always need to remember, the characteristic and nutrition of food changes by method of treatment, which can be better or can be worse. Ready to make your own granola? Get bulk dry ingredients so that we reduce the package waste!
The Easiest Healthy Basic Granola
(Gluten Free / Chemically Refined Oil Free / Additive & Preservative Free)
- 2 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Hemp Seeds
- 1/3 Cup of Flax Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Cane Sugar
Rest of Ingredients
- Pre-heat oven at 160°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add Virgin coconut Oil little by little till all ingredients get lightly greased.
- Add Honey and mix well.
- Spread the mixture thinly on the parchment paper.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes. (I usually take it out once to stir after 10 minutes.)
- Take it out of oven, add Coconut shred and stir.
- Let it cool on a rack.
- To store in a air tight container, make sure that granola is completely cool to room temperature.
Eat fresh is the best. Try not to store for a long period of time, as mentioned, oxidized oil isn’t good for your health.