Biscuit and scones, something we crave for the afternoon, or even for the breakfast!
For this biscuit pie, I try not to bake apples through, leaving little fresh crispiness. By doing so, not only keeping the enjoyable apple texture, it keeps the biscuit remained nicely dry from soaking with overly cooked apples’ liquid.
By simply tweak the construction of the crust, both crispy crust and apples can be achieved. Find out how I do it in the recipe below, and enjoy the vegan treat packed with nutrients!
Apple Lemon Biscuit Pie
- 1 Cup of Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp of Cane Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Vegan Milk
- 1 Vegan Egg Alternate (I use Chia Seed Egg) or 1 Chicken Egg if you don’t need to be a 100% Vegan
- 1/3 Cup of Naturally Refined Coconut Oil (Preferably soft-solid)
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Apples
- 1/2 of Lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp of Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tbsp of Cane Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- Whisk dry ingredients of crust in a bowl.
- Whisk an egg and milk in other bowl.
- Pour 2 into 1, add rest of ingredients of crust.
- Put dough together into a smooth ball
- Flatten the dough ball in a baking pan. Make the crust very thin on the bottom, a little thicker on the edge rim.
- Preheat oven at 170 ℃.
- Slice apples.
- Put several slices of lemon on the side, and squeeze juice out from the rest.
- Pour lemon juice and maple syrup over sliced apples.
- Add cinnamon to 8, and mix well.
- Place 9 over the biscuit dough.
- Sprinkle cane sugar over 10.
- Bake 11 at 170℃ for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool over rack.