Japanese word Soba is widely known among the world foodies as the healthy noodles from Japan made with ground Buckwheat. (Just note, Soba noodles are healthy only if buckwheat content is very high with little or non wheat flour.) My grandfather used to eat Soba for lunch everyday, he kept himself very slim and illness free, and played golfing till his last days.
Not only in noodle form, we also enjoy tea extracted from Soba seeds. Despite from the brown color of seeds, the tea turns light green when hot water is poured over. Isn’t it interesting? Taste and fragrance is very mild. People in Japan recommend Soba Tea to pregnant ladies, as leaf green tea contains caffeine.
Health Benefits at a Glance
- Helps preventing Diabetes (Lowers Blood Pressure Levels )
- Helps preventing Heart Disease (Lowers Bad Cholesterol)
- Reliefs Constipation ( Cleans Intestine)
- Cleaner Skin (High Minerals and Vitamin contents)
- Anti Aging (Anti-oxidant contents)
Notes & Concerns
- Gluten Free
- Caffeine Free
- No reported side effects
- Buckwheat is one of the common food allergens.