Look at the amount of strawberries! I call it “Greedy” strawberry chocolate custard pie. My second boy loves strawberries so hard, he gets angry if I do wimpy decoration.
To make the chocolate custard very satisfying yet easy on stomach, I needed to think of the method a lot. Kids don’t enjoy raw avocado chocolate cake at all, although my husband and I do appreciate it very much, my mission is to satisfy everybody’s taste buds. So I came up with the idea to make it Lacto-ovo but still very close to vegan. You will see how I tweaked the ingredients in the recipe below.
Chocolate Custard Pie with Strawberries
(No-Bake, Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian)
- 2 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup of Hemp Seeds
- 5 Dried Dates (Soaked and Pitted)
- 1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups of Almond Milk
- 1/3 Cup of Cane Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Half sheet of Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup of Chocolate Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Agar agar
- Mix all the ingredients of crust in a bowl.
- Place the crust mixture in the shape and flatten evenly.
- Chill it in fridge.
- Whisk eggs and sugar very well in a bowl.
- Add in flour and chocolate powder.
- Warm almond milk (not hot or boiled).
- Crush dark chocolate.
- Pour almond milk little by little to the egg mixture. Add vanilla extracts together.
- Pour the whole mixture, crushed dark chocolate, and agar agar to sauce pan over the medium heat.
- Stir well till it turns custard texture.
- When custard is thick enough, pour out to flat container and let it cool (ice on the bottom will help speeding up).
- Pour custard over the crust and place in fridge over night.
- When the custard turn like a pudding, it’s ready to throw strawberries all over!