Quick n’ easy breakfast muffins, I also bake them for boys’ weekday snack before they head to swimming or boxing classes. Surely, perfect for sudden visitors, your friends would be so happy smelling this when they come in to your house!
I like using little flour for my savory muffins, they are like somewhat between muffin and quiche filling. Very light and nutritious, everyone will love my hybrid muffins.
Bell Pepper Carrot Cheese Muffin
(Free of: Chemically Refined Vegetable Oil)
- 1/4 of Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 of Yellow Bell Peppers
- 1 Large Carrot or 2-3 Small ones
- 1 Cup of Pastry Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup of Cheese (I used Monterey Jack this time)
- 1/4 Cup of EVOO
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Dill
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Dried Sage
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Sea Salt (Adjust amount based on types of Cheese you use)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 165℃ to 170℃ based on the size of your oven.
- Chop red and yellow bell peppers into small dices, put them on the side.
- Shred carrot(s), put them on the side.
- Chop Cheese into small dices, put them on the side.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk eggs very well, put them on the side.
- Mix oil, cheese, vegetables into dry mixture.
- Add eggs at the end and mix with spatula till all ingredients combined. (Try not to mix too much. This careful procedure will make muffins fluffy like omelet, or the quiche filling.)
- Pour the mixture into muffin/ cupcake shape. (I use Silicon molds)
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool them on a rack, or can be eaten right away!