This spaghetti dish often surprises people with its unexpected bold flavor, because it looks bland rather than simple. Very easy to make for lunch. Or to take outside, as it’ not saucy, great for picnic and tastes still nice when it’s cooled.
Good part of this dish is that the salmon doesn’t have to be beautiful fillet nor perfectly weighed. Whenever I found fresh salmon in the market, I get extra and briefly divided into desired amount. Marinade in a simple vodka-sea salt and freeze them. Of course you can use fresh right away!
Salmon Onion Spaghetti with
Five Herb n’ Spice
- Herb Spice Mix (Dill, Coriander, Cumin, Sage, and Smoked Paprika)
- Ground Red Chill Pepper
- Sprinkle sea salt over salmon and sliced onions.
- Place them in the oven with higher temperature or broil setting.
- Meanwhile boil spaghetti.
- Salmon and onion get cooked very fast, take them out to saute pan, add five dried herbs and spices.
- Add spaghetti and extra virgin olive oil, adjust taste with sea salt, toss quickly with low to medium heat.
- I like sprinkle ground red chili pepper than black pepper to this dish, that gives very different fragrance.